If you want to become a handyman in North Myrtle Beach, SC then you should have some essential toolbox. Handymen need to do so many different types of work like home repairs, maintenance tasks, or small construction projects due to which you need to have appropriate tools that will make the entire difference.
List of Essential Tools
Following are some essential tools that need to be there with every handyman:
- Basic Hand Tools
– Screwdrivers: Every handyman should have various sizes and types of screwdrivers like flathead and Phillips.
– Pliers: There can be some standard pliers, adjustable pliers, and needle-nose pliers which will help you to twist, grip, and cut wires or hold objects carefully.
– Wrenches: There should be a combination of wrench sets and some adjustable wrenches can be handy for tightening or loosening bolts and nuts.
– Hammer: Have a durable claw hammer for driving nails, striking tasks, and removing nails.
– Measuring Tape: In the handyman toolbox, they should have accurate measurement tape.
- Power Tools
– Power Drill: If you have a cordless power tool in your toolbox then it is best for drilling holes and driving screws. Handyman should invest in a high-quality drill with several drill bits and screwdriver attachments.
– Circular Saw: One of the best tools that can be used to cut wood, plywood, or any other materials efficiently and quickly.
– Oscillating Multi-Tool: Another versatile tool should be there in the toolbox of the handyman which can handle multiple tasks like scraping, removing grout, cutting, and sanding.
- Plumbing Tools
For plumbing tools, some tools need to be in the toolbox like a pipe wrench which allows you to tighten or loosen plumbing fittings properly. Plunger is another plumbing tool that will unclog sinks, toilets, and drains. Pipe cutters should also be there in the handyman’s toolbox which will cut the copper or plastic pipes.
- Electrical Tools
Electrical tools should be there in the toolbox of a handyman, similarly, a wire stripper is important to remove insulation from wires. Voltage Testers ensure whether an electric current is present or absent before working on wires or outlets.
The above tools are important or common for every handyman but they should also have all the safety gear like safety glasses, gloves, dust mask, respirator, and a first aid kit which is important for one’s safety.