Semi-permanent enamel is a new trend that is one of the most requested manicures in the business. It is favored by women who practically do not have time to pamper themselves. Lasting for about two to three weeks, women do not have to worry about its maintenance.
The application of esmaltessemipermanentes or semi-permanent enamel is very different from the traditional one. The items used are also not the same and it costs less than acrylic nails.
You must be careful when choosing the color since it will last for about three weeks. It cannot be removed easily.
- Opt for pastel shades if you want a subtle manicure. This is composed of a wide variety of roses, greens, blues, and other creamy colors.
- A wide variety of bright red colors are available for the most daring ones. These are intense, vivid and seductive.
- Nude tones are classics that can be combined with all skin types. This is mostly chosen by the conservative types.
- For the most demanding ones, there are also bright colors with glitter or sparkles.
- Quiet summer and flawless, salient manicure are a perfect match. Use neons if you prefer to stand out in summer.
- You may choose any of the classic colors to match your jewelry. This includes garnets, bright reds, subtle colors, and a lot more.
Steps on performing semi-permanent enamelling
Prepare the items that will be used. Pick a semi-permanent color you wish to use or several of those if you wish to combine. The UV or LED lamp is very important. Do not forget the base coat and the top coat. The polishing pad and degreasing liquid are also needed.
- Remove and push the cuticles. Shape the nail using a lime. Using the polished block, pass it to open the nail pore. Then degrease it with the Nail Cleaner liquid. Apply Primer Without Acid for problematic nails.
- After nail preparation, apply a very thin layer of the base. Make sure to not touch the cuticle. Dry it in a lamp.
- Apply the first layer of the semi-permanent color, careful not to touch the cuticle. Dry it once more using the lamp. Apply another layer and dry it again in a lamp.
- Apply the top coat and remove the sticky layer using the Nail Cleaner liquid. Finally, apply cuticle oil to hydrate them.
Removing semi-permanent enamel
Nail polish remover is not enough to remove semi-permanent enamel. Aluminum foil, acetone or remover, lime and cuticle pusher or striper are needed to remove it.
- To help the liquid to penetrate, blend the top layer using a file or the same polishing pad.
- Soak the cellulose disc with the acetone or remover liquid directly on top of the nail. Wrap it with silver paper or apply a clip and then wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the remains with a metal cuticle pusher or a striper. Finally, blend the nail with the taco.
Ensure that the enamelling is done correctly with all its steps. The enamel will be protected from damages such as scratches and splashes of color. Removing the semi-permanent enamel correctly does not damage the nail. It will be damaged if you lift it, bite or scratch without applying the proper liquids.
Still not decided on which color to use? You may check out your local store or browse online. Surely you will find something for you.