In an age where privacy is the rising concern, it becomes essential to have a unique key to a singular lock. But what would happen if you were to lose it? Not only would you be locked outside your property without any help but might also incur probable loss. In such cases, it is of great help to have someone who can lend you another, retrieve your lost one, or best of all, create another one for you. Locksmiths lend their services to employers who are in need of help. For a small amount of money and valid proof that you are the legal owner, they recreate your lost key.
- Padlock keys:Padlocks are generally used when we have to contain something small. It means that these keys are even smaller, with a greater probability of being misplaced.
- Car keys: These are the ones that are most commonly misplaced, meaning they have the largest demand. There are dedicated car locksmiths that work full time for it. Cars now come with different types of keys (it can be a mechanical cut or laser cut car key).
- Furniture keys: Sliding glass doors and furniture’s cabinets are rarely locked or bolted. These keys are not misplaced but eventually lost over a period of time. Hence, when moving away for a long time or returning home after a year abroad, people often source locksmiths for opening these locks.
- TSA Lock keys:Travel lockers and airport security locks are only supposed to be opened by authorized personnel. When these keys get lost, a lot of artifacts get exposed to security threats. With the help of locksmiths, the contents are moved over to a safer place.
- Mailbox keys:Getting an important mail and can’t open your mailbox? A locksmith can help you get into one quite easily!
- Valet key:As valets only need access to the car or a short time, such keys provide only the most basic function in a car (like ignition, in this case). This also protects the privacy of the owner by not granting access to boot or dash lockers.
- Knob lock keys:These are ones most commonly used in hotel rooms. One can easily get another one made as most of such places have an in house locksmith to tend to their affairs.
Something that they don’t do:
They usually refrain from making all types of keys that are used at educational and private institutions (for legal purposes). In order to hire their services, you have to provide relevant and credible proof that you are the owner of the property. Do not try to get into another individual’s property as it is a criminal offense.